National Cyber Security Awareness Month continues as we enter the fourth week. Let's recap last week's cyber tips, as well as, introduce this week's themes for both NCSAM and CSAM. During each week in October, a different theme has focused on specific challenges and areas of learning in the cybersecurity sphere.Continue reading below and learn how you can apply it to your MSP business.
Passportal continues to recognize Cyber Security Awareness Month with the help of leading Channel experts.
Thus far, we have had expert tips released in our blog by:
- Auvik Networks: "Standardize Network Documentation to Scale Efficiently" by Alex Hoff, Co-Founder and VP of Product & Sales
- Barracuda MSP: "The Top 3 Email Threats Facing Your Customers Today" by Chris Crellin, Senior Director of Product Management
And just last week, we released an article from Webroot!
- Webroot: "The IT Security Solutions MSPs and Businesses Need Most" by George Anderson, Product Marketing Director, Business Division
Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week 4 Themes October 22-26
'The focus of week 4 is on Digital Literacy. According to Media Smarts, Digital Literacy is more than technological know-how; it includes a wide variety of ethical, social and reflective practices that are embedded in work, learning, leisure and daily life. One component of Digital Literacy is the set of skills that help us comprehend, contextualize, and critically evaluate digital media so that we can make informed decisions about what we do and encounter online. The focus of week 4 is building that critical eye that will help Canadians make informed decisions.' Continue Reading on the CSAM website.
'Our day-to-day life depends on the country’s 16 sectors of critical infrastructure, which supply food, water, financial services, public health, communications and power along with other networks and systems. A disruption to this system, which is operated via the internet, can have significant and even catastrophic consequences for our nation. Week 4 will emphasize the importance of securing our critical infrastructure and highlight the roles the public can play in keeping it safe. In addition, it will lead the transition into November’s Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Month, which is spearheaded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.' Continue reading on the NCSAM website.
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week Three Recap
- Cybersecurity Tip #14: Use Multi-Factor Authentication
- Cybersecurity Tip #15: Use Encryption Properly
- Cybersecurity Tip #16: Is Your WiFi Hotspot Secure?
- Cybersecurity Tip #17: Schedule Regular Backups and Test Them
- Cybersecurity Tip #18: Use Multiple Layers of Backups
- Cybersecurity Tip #19: Patch Management
Digital Marketing Manager
Curious about Passportal life? Check out our revamped Instagram @Passportalmsp and meet the team. Read daily updates by following us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, @Passportal.