#CybersecurityTip: Protect yourself and your clients from the most common types of threats such as phishing or social engineering attacks. Such attacks cause businesses to lose billions of dollars each year. A recent survey estimated that in 2017, 74% of threats initially entered organizations via email. Use good judgement and train your network on not to open suspicious emails from untrusted sources. Tell your SMBs to report such instances.
Targeted email attacks deploy malware onto the victims device or computer. Attackers also use spoofing techniques such as similar domain names or accounts that have been compromised to impersonate legitimate users to bypass traditional email security filters.
Make sure when downloading attachments, settings are not set to automatically download. Use settings that ask to download and scan for viruses beforehand.
>> Want to learn more? Passportal will be releasing one cybersecurity tip a day throughout the month of October.
Recently Released Cybersecurity Tips:
- Introduction: How Your MSP Can Benefit From National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Cybersecurity Tip #1: Educate Your Network
- Cybersecurity Tip #2: Keep Up with Current Cybersecurity Threats
- Cybersecurity Tip #3: Do Not Solely Rely on Firewall or Antivirus Software
- Cybersecurity Tip #4: Update Your Devices
- Cybersecurity Tip #5: Schedule On-Site Client Meetings
- Cybersecurity Tip #6: Do Not Wait for a Breach