#CybersecurityTip: Literally. As tempting as it is, avoid writing down your credentials and posting them on a sticky note on your computer for the world to see. Alternatively, avoid storing your credentials in a visible document to all staff. Avoid the password spreadsheet like the plague! Without appropriate access management tools will lead to a haphazard style of credential management. All users will then have access to sensitive passwords, granting unlimited access to IT assets that is not controlled. Maintaining password spreadsheets, printouts, text documents, or paper poses a serious security risk to your business and can be shared our insecurely amongst your technicians.
Recently Released Cybersecurity Tips:
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week Two Recap
- Cybersecurity Tip #8: Cyber Assess Your MSP Business
- Cybersecurity Tip #9: Keep Cybersecurity On Your Agenda
- Cybersecurity Tip #10: Pay Attention to Access Management
- Cybersecurity Tip #11: Keep An Eye On Permissions
- Cybersecurity Tip #12: Change Passwords Regularly