As we enter the second week of National Cyber Security Month, let's recap last week's cyber tips, as well as, introduce week two themes both Canada and the States are launching for awareness. Each week during October will focus on a different theme that addresses specific challenges and areas of learning in the cybersecurity sphere. Check them out below.
Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week 2 Themes October 8-12
'The focus of week 2 is "Buy Secure". When we buy information technology products, too often we overlook the cyber security risks posed from their use. For the Canadian public, the focus will be on the importance of buying devices and apps from reputable sources. For governments and businesses, "Buy Secure" means identifying and mitigating the risk posed by the supply chain of information technology within your networks.' Continue Reading on the CSAM website.
'A key risk to our economy and security continues to be the shortage of cybersecurity professionals to safeguard our ever-expanding cyber ecosystem. Raising the next generation of interested and capable cybersecurity professionals is a starting point to building stronger defenses. Week 2 will address ways to motivate everyone learn more about the field.' Continue reading on the NCSAM website.
- Introduction: How Your MSP Can Benefit From National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Cybersecurity Tip #1: Educate Your Network
- Cybersecurity Tip #2: Keep Up with Current Cybersecurity Threats
- Cybersecurity Tip #3: Do Not Solely Rely on Firewall or Antivirus Software
- Cybersecurity Tip #4: Update Your Devices
- Cybersecurity Tip #5: Schedule On-Site Client Meetings
- Cybersecurity Tip #6: Do Not Wait for a Breach
- Cybersecurity Tip #7: Protect Against Common Threats
Digital Marketing Manager
Curious about Passportal life? Check out our revamped Instagram @Passportalmsp and meet the team. Read daily updates by following us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, @Passportal.