National Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week Three Recap
Passportal continues to recognize Cyber Security Awareness Month with the help of leading channel experts.
Thus far, we have had expert tips released in our blog by:
- Auvik Networks: "Standardize Network Documentation to Scale Efficiently" by Alex Hoff, Co-Founder and VP of Product & Sales
- Barracuda MSP: "The Top 3 Email Threats Facing Your Customers Today" by Chris Crellin, Senior Director of Product Management
Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week 3 Themes October 15-19
'Our data — that is, everything from our personal information, to our banking information, personal photos, social media interaction, and work-related files and correspondence — is valuable. But because it is intangible, it doesn't always feel that way. The focus of week 3 is to highlight the fact that all Canadians and businesses have data that is valuable to them which also makes it valuable to cybercriminals wishing to exploit it.' Continue Reading on the CSAM website.
NCSAM: It’s Everyone’s Job to Ensure Online Safety
'When you are on the job – whether it’s at a corporate office, local restaurant, healthcare provider, academic institution or government agency ‒ your organization’s online safety and security are a responsibility we all share. And, as the lines between our work and daily lives become increasingly blurred, it is more important than ever to be certain that smart cybersecurity carries over between the two. Week 3 will focus on cybersecurity workforce education, training and awareness while emphasizing risk management, resistance and resilience. NCSA’s CyberSecure My Business™ will shed light on how small and medium-sized businesses can protect themselves, their employees and their customers against the most prevalent threats. CyberSecure My Business™ is a national program that helps business learn to be safer and more secure online. Main topics of education are:
- Identifying Sensitive Business Assets
- Protecting Sensitive Business Assets
- Detecting a Breach
- Implementing an Action Plan
- Recovering from a breach'
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week Two Recap
- Cybersecurity Tip #8: Cyber Assess Your MSP Business
- Cybersecurity Tip #9: Keep Cybersecurity On Your Agenda
- Cybersecurity Tip #10: Pay Attention to Access Management
- Cybersecurity Tip #11: Keep An Eye On Permissions
- Cybersecurity Tip #12: Change Passwords Regularly
- Cybersecurity Tip #13: Avoid Storing Visible Credentials
Digital Marketing Manager
Curious about Passportal life? Check out our revamped Instagram @Passportalmsp and meet the team. Read daily updates by following us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, @Passportal.