[CYBERSECURITY | 7 MIN READ] National Cyber Security Awareness Month is almost over - the last day being this Wednesday (until 2019). We want to give you the quick rundown on all the MSP knowledge we released during October - don't miss out! Also, check out a quick recap of the 31 MSP cybersecurity tips we have published this month, plus more to be released this week. We end this article with a small recap of the 2018 themes of CSAM and NCSAM. Access this free educational content today!
1) IN THE PASSPORTAL BLOG: We recognized Cyber Security Awareness Month (CSAM) whole of October with the help of leading several Channel experts.
We released expert MSP tips by:
- Auvik Networks: "Standardize Network Documentation to Scale Efficiently" by Alex Hoff, Co-Founder and VP of Product & Sales
- Barracuda MSP: "The Top 3 Email Threats Facing Your Customers Today" by Chris Crellin, Senior Director of Product Management
- Webroot: "The IT Security Solutions MSPs and Businesses Need Most" by George Anderson, Product Marketing Director, Business Division
- SolarWinds MSP: "Cyberhygiene — The Fundamental Cornerstone of Good Security" by Tim Brown, Vice President of Security Architecture
TO BE RELEASED ON: October 31, 2018
- Infogressive Inc.'s, Brian F. Cerny, Channel Account Manager's article, "Is your MSP Vulnerable to this Simple, yet Fatal Flaw?".
Brian is an expert in the MSSP realm after working as an executive in managed services for over decade. Read his main learnings in the IT Channel to be released this Wednesday.
2) IN THE CSAM BLOG: We released an MSP Tip-a-Day + more to come this week!
- Introduction: How Your MSP Can Benefit From National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Cybersecurity Tip #1: Educate Your Network
- Cybersecurity Tip #2: Keep Up with Current Cybersecurity Threats
- Cybersecurity Tip #3: Do Not Solely Rely on Firewall or Antivirus Software
- Cybersecurity Tip #4: Update Your Devices
- Cybersecurity Tip #5: Schedule On-Site Client Meetings
- Cybersecurity Tip #6: Do Not Wait for a Breach
- Cybersecurity Tip #7: Protect Against Common Threats
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week 2 Recap
- Cybersecurity Tip #8: Cyber Assess Your MSP Business
- Cybersecurity Tip #9: Keep Cybersecurity On Your Agenda
- Cybersecurity Tip #10: Pay Attention to Access Management
- Cybersecurity Tip #11: Keep An Eye On Permissions
- Cybersecurity Tip #12: Change Passwords Regularly
- Cybersecurity Tip #13: Avoid Storing Visible Credentials
- Cybersecurity Tip #14: Use Multi-Factor Authentication
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week 3 Recap
- Cybersecurity Tip #15: Use Encryption Properly
- Cybersecurity Tip #16: Is Your WiFi Hotspot Secure?
- Cybersecurity Tip #17: Schedule Regular Backups and Test Them
- Cybersecurity Tip #18: Use Multiple Layers of Backups
- Cybersecurity Tip #19: Patch Management
- Cybersecurity Tip #20: Effectively Erase and Dispose of Old Data
- Cybersecurity Tip #21: Establish a Security Policy
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week 4 Recap
- Cybersecurity Tip #22: Consider Compliance Regulations
- Cybersecurity Tip #23: Offer Extra Service Opportunities
- Cybersecurity Tip #24: Monitoring BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- Cybersecurity Tip #25: The Risks of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- Cybersecurity Tip #26: User Remote Access Management
- Cybersecurity Tip #27: Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM)
- Cybersecurity Tip #28: Secure Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month: Week 5 Recap - 31 Cybersecurity Tips for MSPs
- Cybersecurity Tip #29: Endpoint Protection
- Cybersecurity Tip #30: Audit Regularly & Start Reporting
- Cybersecurity Tip #31: Provide Security Training
3) Cyber Security Awareness Month: We introduced you to the nationally recognized themes for both Canada (CSAM) and America (NCSAM)
'According to a recent report by Deloitte, in collaboration with Toronto Financial Services Alliance, "demand for cyber talent in Canada is increasing by 7 percent annually, with organizations needing to fill some 8,000 cybersecurity roles between 2016 and 2021. Week 5 will focus on the activities and initiatives aimed at helping close the cyber talent gap, inspiring young people to pursue careers in cyber security, and recognizing the contributions of those that are dedicated cyber practitioners.' Continue reading on the CSAM website.
Thanks for joining Passportal for National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2018!
We look forward to continuing to educate you with leading industry knowledge. Stay tuned for more tips this week and Infogressive's article showcased on our blog. Now, that's a wrap for October. Oh - by the way, Happy Halloween!
Did you know Passportal can help educate your network?
Passportal has a Resource Library with lots of great, free educational material and webinars with IT Channel leaders to teach you and your clients on the latest tips on how to run a better, more secure MSP business.
Digital Marketing Manager
Curious about Passportal life? Check out our revamped Instagram @Passportalmsp and meet the team. Read daily updates by following us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, @Passportal.