How Your MSP Can Benefit From National Cyber Security Awareness Month
What is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM)?
This year of 2018 marks the 14th year of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, dating back to its roots in 2004. National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) was launched by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a broad effort to help North Americans stay safer and more secure online.
NCSAM 2018 also marks the 8th anniversary of their STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ campaign which advocates MSPs and consumers alike to take security and safety precautions to understand the consequences of actions online. Recently, we have witnessed cybersecurity threats increase each year. It was not long ago that MSPs were a direct target of global hacking groups, such as APT10 “Operation Cloud Hopper”, who compromised sensitive data from both the MSP and their clients in Canada, US, Japan, plus other countries simultaneously.
To learn more on how to prevent hackers from compromising your MSP, please read our article here. >>
Each year, NCSAM highlights the overall message of STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ through smaller campaigns such as, “Keep a Clean Machine,” “Connect with Care,” “Be Web Wise,” and “Lock Down Your Login.” We now ask: does your MSP comply with current with cybersecurity protocols? The threat landscape will continue to evolve, it is critical that every MSP adapts and takes measures to offer new security services for their clients.
How to Celebrate NCSAM with Passportal
31 Days of Cybersecurity Tips
Each day this month, Passportal will be releasing a cybersecurity tip for your MSP to stay ahead of the curve. Keep an eye on how you can increase your clients’ cybersecurity resilience on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or please view our Cyber Security Awareness blog.
But that’s not it. If you miss these tips on our social media, catch our NCSAM wrap-up blog, “31 Cybersecurity Tips to Become Cyber Resilient in Your MSP”. It will be released will be on Wednesday, October 31st, 2018.
Cybersecurity Leader Blog Series
Passportal is celebrating with other cybersecurity leaders in the IT Channel. We are lucky to showcase a blog series with knowledgeable, innovative thought leaders such as:
- Auvik Networks: "Standardize Network Documentation to Scale Efficiently" by Alex Hoff, Co-Founder and VP of Product & Sales
- Barracuda MSP: "The Top 3 Email Threats Facing Your Customers Today" by Chris Crellin, Senior Director of Product Management
- Webroot: "The IT Security Solutions MSPs and Businesses Need Most" by George Anderson, Product Marketing Director, Business Division
- SolarWinds MSP: "Cyberhygiene — The Fundamental Cornerstone of Good Security" by Tim Brown, Vice President of Security Architecture
- TO BE RELEASED ON: October 31, 2018 - Infogressive Inc.'s, Brian F Cerny, Channel Account Manager's article, "Is your MSP Vulnerable to this Simple, yet Fatal Flaw?"
Be sure not to miss these valuable articles released each week during October. Stay in the know!
Digital Marketing Manager
Curious about Passportal life? Check out our revamped Instagram @Passportalmsp and meet the team. Read daily updates by following us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, @Passportal.