[12 DAYS OF PASSWORDS | 2 MIN READ] Protect your MSP by using complex strings of non-reused passwords. Combo this with a password generation tool as a simple solution to manage all your passwords effortlessly. Discover below four tips that help keep your passwords unique and hard to breach.
4 quick tips to enhance password complexity
Maintain at least a 16 character count with the following in mind:
- Three-Four Random Words (e.g. Lights, Tech, Clouds)
- Upper and Lower Case (e.g. LightsTechClouds)
- Numbers (e.g. LightsTechClouds9)
- Special Characters/Symbols (e.g. LightsTechClouds9%)
MSP Quick Tip Takeaway...
Yes, you can manually change all your passwords with these tips in mind, however, when it relates to a growing MSP, this method would be time consuming and inefficient, misutilizing your tech's time.
- Implement a password generator tool with an automated function that creates complex password strings that are stored and rotated within the tool itself. No need to memorize 1000+ passwords or think of the copious amounts of unique words, characters, symbols, and more for each individual password.
- 12 Days of Passwords: Educate Your MSP on Cybersecurity & Password Best Practice
- 12 Days of Passwords: Use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- 12 Days of Passwords: Access Management to Privileged Credentials
- 12 Days of Passwords: Four Password Types Not To Use
- 12 Days of Passwords: The Right Way to Generate Complex Passwords (You're already here!)